Other languages available: 中
Save 15% off for Summer Sales ! | Use code: PF15 ｜ Free Delivery to Hong Kong
Other languages available: 中
Before I started to take NMN as a daily supplement I did a lot of research and there were some key questions and concerns that kept coming up, things I had ponder and ultimately make a decision on, one way or the other
Today I will share with you those keys areas and if you are considering taking NMN I hope that they help.
Supplier Spreadsheet: …
What is NMN?
• NMN or Nicotinamide Mononucleotide to give it its full name is a pre-cursor to NAD, NMN as a daily supplement has one function, to raise the depleted NAD levels in our cells.
• NAD or Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide to give it its full name is found in virtually all our living cells and is essential for sustaining life.
• NAD levels decline drastically with age, creating an energy deficit that decreases the body’s ability to retain youthful functions.
• NAD is biologically unstable, which makes it unsuitable for oral supplementation. Fortunately, it is easy to restore your cellular NAD levels using an NAD Booster like NMN, which converts to NAD when it is in the cell.
• So far only clinical trials with mice have produced substantiated results on efficacy.
So, why should we trust the results from mice?
95% of all Lab animals are mice and rats, according to the Foundation for Biomedical Research (FBR)
They are used mainly because they have a short lifespan – two to three years, so several generations of mice can be observed in a relatively short period of time
Mice used in medical trials are inbred so that, other than gender, they are almost genetically identical
Their genetic and biological characteristics closely resemble those of humans, and many symptoms of human conditions can be replicated in mice
• Although NMN is commercially available, there is no official Recommended Daily Allowance, however there are numerous protocols on the back of bottles relating to how much to take and how many times to take it during the day – bear in mind all these companies are guessing!
• No protocols have been established i.e. before food, with food, after food, on an empty stomach, in the morning, just before bed etc.
• So, it is still at the ‘suck it and see’ stage, as David Sinclair has said, with regard to humans we are all guessing.
• David Sinclair has explained that he takes 1 gram of NMN a day in the morning with yogurt.
• The cost of NMN varies, but at time of posting:
Pharmaceutical Grade NMN powder can cost around $5.80 a per gram, if you want to emulate David Sinclair’s dose of 1 gram a day that is around $175 a month
Food Grade capsules are approximately $25 to $30 for 30 capsules, so let’s split the difference at 90 cents a capsule, 8 capsules to get a gram is $7.20 a day, that’s $216 a month
• You may want to consider independent testing of your NMN, some people prefer to do this, especially if they buy direct from a producer. This could be be anywhere from $300 to $500 per batch
You can ask your supplier for a certificate of Analysis (COA) and an independent test certificate too (some companies on Amazon post these certificates) if they can’t provide these, it may be advisable to seek out another supplier
o Heavy metals: cadmium, arsenic, lead & mercury
• As the benefits of NMN have not yet been officially established in humans, you may wish to consider having medical tests completed so you can monitor any markers you think are important – Biological age may be one, muscle mass or wastage, body fat percentage, liver functions etc.
• There are two grades of NMN currently available:
Pharmaceutical Grade NMN, it is only a few percentage points purer than food grade, but if you buy in bulk is twice the price
Food Grade NMN, this grade was used during David Sinclair’s clinical trials and it is what he says he takes
• Food Grade is of lower purity, but if you buy in capsule form is more expensive than Pharmaceutical Grade NMN powder
• Define the two:
Oral administration is a route of administration where a substance is taken through the mouth and swallowed; this can be in tablet form or mixed with a liquid
Sublingual administration is where a tablet or powder is placed under the tongue and allowed to dissolve
• There are conflicting views on the best form of application, 1 study (link in the description below) recommends Sublingual, while David Sinclair and his mice during the tests took their NMN orally
#antiaging #NMN+ #davidsinclair
Video: Pexels, Oscar Due Wang
Audio: Mrs. Zazzara by Loxbeats Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0 Music promoted by Audio Library
Subscribe our newsletter and keep updated with the newest trend in anti-aging.